I saw Andy Lopata in action at a business conference and had to connect with him because his approach to networking and referrals in really refreshing. He puts the business back Labelled ‘Mr Network’ by The Sun, Andy Lopata was called ‘one of Europe’s leading business networking strategists’ by the Financial Times and ‘a true master of networking’ by the Independent. Andy is the author of three books on networking, as well as a blogger for The Huffington Post and NatWest Business Sense. Andy speaks internationally and has worked with companies from one-man bands to organisations such as Deloitte, Merrill Lynch and Mastercard to help them realise the full potential from their networking. He is also a Fellow and former vice-president of the Professional Speaking Association. You can find him at http://www.lopata.co.uk and on twitter at https://twitter.com/andylopata
In this 25min video you’ll learn
- How to stop dreading networking
- Why people don’t follow up with their networking contacts and how to do so strategically
- How to build a network from scratch if you find yourself in a foreign land
- Why you shouldn’t be so quick to hand out your business card
- How to leverage social networks as part of your networking strategy
- A strategic plan to get the most out of your networking
I’ve also pulled out 2 mins Q&As from the full interview. Andy shared so many great tips. I just had to pull out some of the highlights.
How to use social media as part of your networking strategy
A simple but effective working plan for your networking
How to build a network from scratch if you find your self in a new area or country
You can join the Super Growth Conference to build your network and plan for your next level of growth
I’ll love to hear from you. Whats your approach to networking? What have you found works best for you?